Enjoy these crispy, well-seasoned roasted chickpeas as a standalone snack, or throw them on salad or pasta for an instant upgrade!
These roasted chickpeas come together quickly and make an amazing and satisfying snack. They also work well as a topping for salad or pasta. I've suggested some seasonings below, but you could easily sub those out for others if you prefer.
If you're making my Vegan Kamish Bread or Goldie's Vegan Potato Knishes, which call for aquafaba (the liquid from canned or cooked chickpeas), this recipe is a great way to make good use of those chickpeas!
How to make the crunchy roasted chickpeas
Gather your ingredients.
Preheat the oven. Place the drained chickpeas on a clean towel and gently dry. Pour them into a medium bowl, add the olive oil and salt, and mix well using a spoon or your hands.
Transfer the chickpeas to a parchment-paper lined baking sheet, spreading them out in one layer. Roast for 24-28 minutes, keeping an eye on the chickpeas to ensure they do not get too well done. They should turn golden brown and crispy.
Remove the roasted chickpeas from the oven and allow them to cool for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a bowl and toss with garlic powder and smoked paprika. Serve immediately.
These crunchy roasted chickpeas are best served right away. If you need to store them, I recommend keeping them on the counter in a glass jar with the lid not quite sealed, or in another loosely covered container. Sealing them in an airtight container - either at room temperature or in the fridge - will make them mushy very quickly.
Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Gently dry the chickpeas with a clean tea towel. You can remove any skins that come off during the drying.
- Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil and salt, and mix well using a spoon or your hands.
- Line a quarter-sheet baking pan with parchment paper. Move the chickpeas to the pan and spread them out in one layer, ensuring they are not too crowded.
- Roast for 24-28 minutes, tossing them about halfway through. The roasted chickpeas should be golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes. Transfer them to a bowl and toss with the garlic powder and smoked paprika. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply